Why Everyone Should Lift Weights
Now, I’m not advising that we all turn into mass monsters who obsess about PB lifts and packing on extra muscle daily, but what I am saying is that there is most definitely a place for all of us in the weights room. The versatility of resistance training is phenomenal! You can lift for so many outcomes, making the possibilities endless. Men, women, young and old can all benefit from lifting weights.
Here are a few tips to help explain the purpose of resistance training:
- Muscle strength will allow you to do more and increase your body’s balance. Many sports people find they excel once they have strength in movement. Training a muscle to move correctly can have a massive effect on the body’s ability to perform.
- Muscle uses more energy than fat. When we move our bodies, we require the muscles to work and each time the muscle moves, it burns calories. These calories add up and give you a metabolic rate. The larger the muscle mass you carry, the higher your potential metabolic rate will be.
- Lifting lowers stress levels. In a world where everyone feels the pressure, the stress, the uncertainty of what tomorrow will bring, stress levels are higher than ever before. Having a set plan gives you a purpose, a goal and a feeling of achievement. Sometimes you just need a few minutes to dedicate your time into something that makes your stress disappear and find some focus and clarity to attack the issues with a fresh mindset.
- Your bones will become stronger. Bones age, as we all do, and along with age, come problems. Bone strength is key to keeping active and staying healthy. Weak bones can lead to a whole heap of issues as we get older. Strength training is a great way to curb the onset of osteoporosis. Making the muscles around the joints strong elevates some of the stresses we place daily on our body’s structures.
- Resistance training will keep you leaner. This happens due to the increased amount of lean muscle you will develop over time. This lean muscle will allow you to train harder, and also burn calories faster.
Also in Ignite Nutrition Articles
Chances are, if you’re an experienced fitness-minded individual or an intermediate, advanced or elite athlete or bodybuilder, you have your pre-workout needs covered. On the other hand, if you’re a little new to the exercise game, or someone without a lot of experience using Read More
The supplement industry is huge and is only going one way, which would indicate that these products carry significant value and actually work. With that being said, there are a lot of products on the market that are a waste of time and money. As we are focused on building Read More
How does a muscle grow? I have been a trainer and lover of fitness for many years. The process of muscle gain has always been fascinating to me. The ability to change your external appearance, improve self-esteem and increase one's quality of life by way of working out has Read More