Why Everyone Should Lift Weights
Now, I’m not advising that we all turn into mass monsters who obsess about PB lifts and packing on extra muscle daily, but what I am saying is that there is most definitely a place for all of us in the weights room. The versatility of resistance training is phenomenal! You can lift for so many outcomes, making the possibilities endless. Men, women, young and old can all benefit from lifting weights.
Here are a few tips to help explain the purpose of resistance training:
- Muscle strength will allow you to do more and increase your body’s balance. Many sports people find they excel once they have strength in movement. Training a muscle to move correctly can have a massive effect on the body’s ability to perform.
- Muscle uses more energy than fat. When we move our bodies, we require the muscles to work and each time the muscle moves, it burns calories. These calories add up and give you a metabolic rate. The larger the muscle mass you carry, the higher your potential metabolic rate will be.
- Lifting lowers stress levels. In a world where everyone feels the pressure, the stress, the uncertainty of what tomorrow will bring, stress levels are higher than ever before. Having a set plan gives you a purpose, a goal and a feeling of achievement. Sometimes you just need a few minutes to dedicate your time into something that makes your stress disappear and find some focus and clarity to attack the issues with a fresh mindset.
- Your bones will become stronger. Bones age, as we all do, and along with age, come problems. Bone strength is key to keeping active and staying healthy. Weak bones can lead to a whole heap of issues as we get older. Strength training is a great way to curb the onset of osteoporosis. Making the muscles around the joints strong elevates some of the stresses we place daily on our body’s structures.
- Resistance training will keep you leaner. This happens due to the increased amount of lean muscle you will develop over time. This lean muscle will allow you to train harder, and also burn calories faster.
Also in Ignite Nutrition Articles
This program is aimed at the advanced lifter that wants to pack on some serious mass and has all the essential fundamentals in place. It is essential that food, supplementation and adequate rest is all in place. This plan is intense, it’s full on and it is very taxing. Read More
This plan is ideal for those lifters who want to add some muscle, have been training for a while, but also have outside demands of everyday life and stresses that come into play. The majority of people who lift, do so for enjoyment and health. Their priority is not always Read More
I’m sure you have all been asked on many occasions, what split you run, how many days you train, what body parts you work together, and so on and so forth. The truth is, there any many ways to train, many splits to be utilized and someone will always have the latest and Read More