20 Misconceptions About Building Mass
How Are YOU Answering Them?
Will performing cardio slow down my muscle gains?
- Will I lose all my muscle gains if I take a week off of training?
- Is there a magical rep range for building muscle?
- Do I need to do barbell bench presses to build chest muscle?
- Do I need to do really heavy deadlifts to build a big back?
- Is squatting with proper form still bad for your knees?
- Will eating carbs make me fat?
- Do I frequently need to deload if I feel fine?
- Do I need to squat to build big legs?
- Should I completely avoid using lifting straps?
- Do I need to train more than 4 times a week with weights to build muscle?
- Will I grow muscle if I take lots of supplements?
- Can I build muscle by missing meals?
- Does weight training stunt growth?
- Will training abs 6 days a week give me a six-pack?
- Do I need to train for a pump every session to make gains?
- If I eat more than 40g of protein in one meal, is it wasted?
- Do all post workout shakes work?
- Are all carb sources beneficial post workout?
- Do I maximize muscle gains post workout just by drinking a protein shake?
There are so many ways to build muscle. The content is endless. It is very true that what works for one, may not work for another. Building muscle doesn’t have to be a complex military operation, but it is something that should be understood.
Be sure to have a plan, with backing, and follow it. If you have zero plan of attack, you have zero understanding of what did and didn’t work for you. You need to do more than just train and hope to achieve noticeable results. Train smart, train hard, and train for results.
Also in Ignite Nutrition Articles
We’ve all been there. Stuck in a slump, counting to 12 reps, resting for a minute and carrying on. Finishing a workout and feeling flat, underworked and unsatisfied with your performance. As you advance on the bodybuilding scene, so must your levels of training. There are Read More
We all know that you need to eat and want to eat, after a grueling session in the gym, but what do we eat? In today’s world, we really are spoiled for options when it comes to food, which is excellent, but also a problem. Sometimes too many choices can lead to made
Being skinny seems great. You get to eat whatever you want, never get fat, and fit into any clothes you want from the shops. But the reality is, that us skinny guys (yes, I still see myself as a skinny guy), hate being skinny! We hate how it feels, hate how it looks and hate Read More